I was out shopping today at my favorite shop where I saw some sophisticated headbands. Reminded me of my fancy ones! And it also reminded me that I promised you a tutorial. So here it is. And if you make one or are inspired by one please, please, please send me a picture of it! I would love to see it.
Remember the Design Team challenge was to use a little piece of jewelry that I already had. So I pulled this little bit together.
Fancy Girls Headband
Supplies: swiss dot fabric, needle and thread, black headband, fabric glue, vintage jewelry pin
- Cut a 2” strip from the swiss dot. I used a 64” length.
- With a needle and thread, sew a running stitch down the length of the fabric. Then pull the end to gather slightly. Knot your thread and cut. You can also do this with your sewing machine.
- Position the gathered fabric onto your head band. Glue down the swiss dot. I used fabric glue, but I think hot glue would work just as well. Let dry the required amount of time.
- Pick your little gems and position them wherever you like best on the headband.
- My pin still had the clasp on the back, so I was able to pin it onto the headband. I then went around and tacked it down for added security with a few extra hidden stitches.
Now it’s ready to wear about town in your fanciest party dress!